Thursday, June 2, 2011

Bye Bye Food Pyramid... Here's what your "Plate" should look like!!

Okay.

I am soooo excited about this much needed change!  The USDA has FINALLY revisited it's "Food Pyramid" concept that has been around forEV.  They've replaced the pyramid that we've all grown to love {or hate} with "My Plate"...a MUCH more practical & easy-to-understand concept based on the 2010 Dietary Guidelines for Americans!  The new website is SUPER user-friendly and offers all kinds of helpful info on choosing healthy foods and creating healthy MEALS!  Puh-puh-puhleeeease check out ChooseMyPlate.gov to learn more about USDA recommendations!  And while you're there, go ahead and hook yourself up with one or two of the printables to hang on your fridge or pantry door! GREAT reminders to eat well! Here's to treating your body to HEALTHYNUTRITIOUSDELICIOUS foods!!
-Peace. Health. RoxyB!!

1 comments:

I've really been enjoying your blog! You give the best health info and I tried your egg omelette muffins! So good! I also gave you a blog award, check it out on my blog and just follow the instructions!

Post a Comment